social spark Aisling Beatha: Purse Dump

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Saturday, September 09, 2017

Purse Dump



*A Purse Dump is a list form blog that lets you just get all the crap that’s in your head out on the page. I tend not to edit mine, because I’m the queen of oversharing, but you can edit yours if you like.
Which brings us to today’s nudge: Dump Your Mental & Emotional Purse all over the table that is your blog. Don’t sort it. Don’t apologize for any of it. Just take an inventory, in list form, and let the old tissues & twenty year old mints fall where they may. (images are not my bags, credits are below)

  • Youngest is going back to uni in 7 days with 2 Chronic conditions, YIKES

  • He's doing what he loves and I love that for him but I still worry

  • I wish he wasn't so far away when he needs extra support

  • I do worry about his health and how that could change in the future.  I worry about him coping with that this year and later when he starts to work instead of study and how much support he will need from us long term, even after this year is done.

  • I swam 35 lengths of the pool in 33 minutes this morning which is the furthest, fastest and longest I have swum since I started back to swimming in November last year.

  • I'm on weight watchers and watching candy making videos on youtube. Go figure!

  • Hubby got offered technical lead on a project that would have meant weeks in Germany, but he said no because he knows it could end up being months instead of weeks.  I do miss him when he is away BUT I get to use our car when he is away, and I admit that I DO like that.

  • Eldest son is working on what you could call an Internship with a Christian ministry.  He's "living by faith" because that's what that place does and he needs the experience for his CV (resume) going forward.  No one should get me started on how angry I am with that place that they expect these young people to do work for virtually nothing and yet think they can justify that with spiritual guilt trips.

  • Because youngest cannot afford to wait and earn the money for his masters degree and do that later in case his conditions get worse, we are supporting him financially as well as emotionally.  That means every penny of MY income from my part time job will be going to him for the next 12 months (and the last 3 months too, that's waiting for him).

  • That means no money for art supplies unless I manage to sell some of my work or pick up a bit from ads on my blog or youtube.

  • Looking forward to getting creative with the supplies I do have!

1st image -  “Purse” by m01229 is licensed under CC BY 2.0
2nd image - “purse contents” by TheChanel is licensed under CC BY 2.0

Pin It




You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

4 comments:

  1. "Looking at candy making videos on You Tube while on Weight Watchers." That is funny. We do this stuff to ourselves don't we. I enjoyed your purse dump. I want to explore the rest of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yep we do crazy things to ourselves. I actually watch the candy videos for the personality of the family but the irony in me watching them at all is not lost on me.

      Delete
  2. I'm so in solidarity with you on all the boy worries. <3 I get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if we will ever stop worrying about them?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...