social spark Aisling Beatha: More Soul Food Art

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Sunday, March 09, 2014

More Soul Food Art

What is soul food?  It's a 6 month online creativity class put together by Mystele and a number of other artists and hosted at the Community Thrive site.  I have shared my work for 3 of the lessons so far, first the Nourishing a Creative Spirit lesson and then I shared my work from two lessons in the Soul Food Part 2 post.

Some of the lessons are not entirely new to me so I take a little twist on them to make them a bit different, like the bookbinding lesson, where I did a little twist on the long stitch by copying something I had seen in a photo online.

Soul Food Lesson 4 - Grace Howes

Pin It

Some of the lessons inspire me and I end up doing far more than is suggested or at least putting more work into it, like this one where I so loved the idea of stitching into the paper that I did the whole quote by stitching it!

PHOTO_20140117_171033


The lesson began with playing with spray inks

PHOTO_20140116_152753


then weaving into that piece with some stenciled paper.

PHOTO_20140116_162854


More stencil work was done on top of the weaving

PHOTO_20140117_083807


and finally the woven piece was mounted onto another piece of paper for more embelishment with paint and stitching.

PHOTO_20140117_110602
Pin It

PHOTO_20140117_162842



You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...