social spark Aisling Beatha: Thankful Art Page

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Thursday, April 05, 2012

Thankful Art Page


Pin It

Back to Life Book.  Week 7 did not have a video lesson.  I might still work on the bonus activity from Connie, but I did want to do an art page for the bonus activity from Tam all about being grateful.

I started by scribbling over the page, some of the things I am thankful for.  Yes, I know I missed one or two of the current W@H girls where I list those, I am sorry, my brain froze!


Then I grabbed some paints.  I grabbed colours in the red brown and into the orangey brown range.  Someone how when I had done a few layers of brayered paint I got a real sense of some green in there.  More olivey shades of greed.  So I pulled out my Inktense blocks and got to work adding a bit of green and one or two other colours.


I pushed some of the intense colour back with some gesso and then used stencils for the leaf shapes, since I was getting a whole autumn feeling from the colour scheme.

Finally I worked out which way around the page needed to be and added the larger lettering which was my first proper attempt at writing with a brush.  I'm not too impressed with it and at this point I really felt I had a ruined page on my hands.  I grabbed a pack of leaf stickers I have had for years and put a few of thsoe on.  Then I decided to write around the edge with a white gel pen, some of the things that were on the original layer.  I feel like that line of tiny writing around the edge saved the page.  It's still not one of my favourite ever pages, BUT I can certainly live with it.


You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

4 comments:

  1. That's soo beautiful! :) LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a nice job! Thanks for sharing your talents with us here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...