social spark Aisling Beatha: Cardamom and Lemon Cookies

Comments

Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy your stay, however short, and find something that interests and blesses you.

The tabs just below will take you to posts of particular topics. So if you are looking for my posts on food, fitness or creativity, you will find them there. You will also find my posts on thankfulness or other more contemplative posts, as well as a set of posts with traditional blessings from a number of different cultures.

You can find posts with labels not included in that list via the labels list over in the sidebar.

Friday, April 06, 2012

Cardamom and Lemon Cookies

Yes, another Norwegian Recipe using more cardamom.  I have adapted this recipe by dropping the butter content just a little.  I may try and drop it further if I make them again.


Pin It

You will need



200g butter, softened
150g caster sugar
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
250g plain flour
100g ground almonds
3 tsp cardamom pods, (seeds popped out and ground)


Preheat the oven to 190c (170c fan), Gas 5
Line 2 large baking sheets with baking parchment.
Using an electric hand whisk or stand mixer, beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest together in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.


Beat in the flour, almonds and cardamom

until the mixture is well combined and comes together to form a stiff dough.

Cut the dough in half, in half again, and once more, making 8 even pieces.


Break each of those pieces into 3 , roll into balls


and place 12 on each baking tray - make sure you leave a space between each one.


Press each cookie with a cookie stamp or the bottom of a glass to flatten and leave a decorative indent in the dough. I didn't have a cookie stamp, so I used a small jar that I use for making salad dressing in.




Bake a tray at a time for 12 - 14 minutes until the cookies are pale golden brown. Leave them to cool on the tray for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack. They will crisp up as they cool. Store the cookies in an airtight tin and eat within 7 days.


Makes 24 cookies

The other Norwegian recipes I have tried from the Hairy Bikers were the Scandinavian Rye Bread and the Cardamom Coffee Cake.  There's been a lot of cardamom in this house this week.  Soon I shall also be making the tea ring.

You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

4 comments:

  1. i wish i can have some of those. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds so easy to make :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, looks so yummy.

    Thank you for visiting my site, have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/04/safe-cooking-habits-and-tips-show-your.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...